Vote for Bundu Lodge in 2017 Lilizela Tourism Awards
Vote for Bundu Lodge in 2017 Lilizela Tourism Awards.
The Lilizela Awards
The Lilizela Awards recognise and reward tourism players and businesses who work passionately and with pride to deliver a world class product and service and whose delivery grows South Africa’s global destination competitiveness.
What are the Lilizela Tourism Awards
Launched in May 2013, the Lilizela Tourism Awards aim to recognise and reward the highest levels of excellence in tourism value chain. The name is derived from the Zulu word ‘’Lilizela’’ which means celebrating and praising by ululating when someone has done well. These awards are an initiative of the National Department of Tourism (NDT); spearheaded by South African Tourism and delivered by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
Why were the Lilizela Tourism Awards created?
South Africa has a plethora of Tourism Awards, which all need resources and the same industry stakeholders were invited to the various awards functions. This was not seen as the best use of the already scarce resources. The Lilizela Tourism Awards combine the various awards that recognise excellent performance throughout the whole Tourism Value Chain into ONE premier platform whose sole purpose will be to give recognition and accolade where due. These awards are designed to grow the profile and importance of the tourism industry in South Africa and support the goals of the National Tourism Sector Strategy (NTSS)
What are the Objectives of the Lilizela Tourism Awards
- The Lilizela Tourism Awards aim to recognise and celebrate tourism excellence
- To encourage key players to strive for excellence in order to grow global competitiveness in tourism
- To reward the people who deliver excellence in tourism
- To give the industry motivation to aspire to and give them a cause to celebrate
- To give the public a voice that counts in terms of the feedback/reviews they give
- To create an awareness about the value and importance of tourism towards growing South Africa’s economy
Are the results audited?
- Yes, all the categories with the exception of the Imvelo Awards were audited by Grant Thornton during the 2014 Lilizela Tourism Awards.
- The Tourist Guides were observed by Grant Thornton at a National level, and not at a provincial level.
- Grant Thornton has concluded that 2014 Lilizela Tourism Awards that they observed were in line with the general rules of the awards.
- Independent Auditors will always be appointed for each year of the Awards.
- This is the only Tourism Awards programme that is fully audited in South Africa, that we are aware of.
Vote for Bundu Lodge in the 2017 Lilizela Tourism Awards by clicking the banner below.
Situated on the R40 between Nelspruit and White River, Bundu Lodge offer a wide range of accommodation in Nelspruit, conference, wedding and event venue options.
© 2017 Bundu Lodge.
+27 13 758 1221